Roasted dumplings with eggs are one of the classics of Austrian tavern cuisine. If you have leftover dumplings, they are even a 15 minute recipe. Very easy to make in no time at all and ideal even for beginner cooks. With Viennese spice they also taste wonderfully spicy and you can't stop.
We recommend a classic green salad as a side dish. With the help of thesalad seasoning, the dressing comes together super quickly and both the main course and the side dish are served in this short amount of time.
You don't have any bread dumplings left over from the day before? No problem, we already have one Recipe for bread dumplings posted.
Did you know that the dumpling land of Austria used to have its own Dumpling day gave?
In old Austrian cuisine, dumplings were often served on the table. Whenever stale bread was in the house, dumplings were made from it. This was often Monday, as there was usually something left over after the hearty Sunday dinner.
ORGANIC INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PEOPLE:
- 3 bread dumplings
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp Viennese seasoning
- 1 tbsp butter
- Parsley/chives for sprinkling
- Leaf lettuce
- 2 tbsp salad seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Cut the bread dumplings into large cubes or slices as desired.
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the dumpling cubes until crispy.
- Fizz eggs with Viennese seasoning and pour over the dumpling cubes. Leave in the pan until the egg has set.
- For a quick salad dressing, mix the salad seasoning and oil and marinate the salad.
- Sprinkle the roasted dumplings with parsley or chives and serve with salad.
your pleasure koarl