Another incredibly tasty spice mixture was recently created in cooperation with Ehrenwort . The Umami universal spice is a true kitchen all-rounder and offers a variety of different possible uses. Used sparingly, it spices up sauces, soups, dips, risotto and many other dishes and provides that certain something.
The recipe for the umami stew is only one possibility, but what a possibility. Especially on cold winter days, this stew warms you from the inside and gives you strength. The new ORGANIC Umami spice gives the dish a special umami taste beyond sweet, sour, spicy and salty. You should definitely try this umami stew – a real taste highlight!
The umami miracle powder is now available in the online shop.
ORGANIC INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE:
- 800g shoulder joker
- 3.5 liters of water
- 1 onion
- some sunflower oil or another heatable oil
- 2 carrots
- 200g celeriac
- 1 clove of garlic
- 20g ginger
- 1.5 tbsp organic umami universal spice
- 0.5 piece of pointed cabbage
- 200g shiitake
- 1/2 bunch of spring onions
- some sesame oil
- some Viennese spice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Cut the beef into pieces and slowly bring it to the boil in water over a medium heat in a sufficiently large pot. Skim off foam.
- Meanwhile, halve the onions and fry the cut side in a pan with sunflower oil until golden brown. Peel the carrots and celeriac, chop them roughly and add them to the pot with the garlic clove and onions. Cook slowly over low heat for about 3 to 4 hours until the meat is done.
- Add the ginger and umami spice to the pot with the resulting bouillon and let it steep for about 20 minutes.
- To finish the stew, chop pointed cabbage, shiitake and spring onions into small pieces and fry them in sesame oil. Add to stew. Season with Viennese seasoning and bring to the boil again. Stir in chopped parsley.
The recipe was created byhonorary word. Moments of enjoyment developed and photographed.